Strategic Communications Coordinator - PAC - req10789
If you are a TRS or ORP retiree please contact Employment at email@example.com for clarification on eligibility of this position.
Posting closes on: 3/3/2024 at 6:00pm CST
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is 2/12/2024.
The Alamo Colleges District is an award-winning collective of five colleges in the Greater San Antonio area whose mission is to empower our diverse communities for success. As a district of Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs) and the nation’s only HSI and Historically Black College and University (HBCU), our colleges serve more than 70,000+ students annually with a focus on economic and social mobility.
Our Palo Alto College learner community, of 10,933 students, includes 49.5% who rely on financial aid, 46.6% who are first-generation in college; 3.4% who are veterans, and 22.2% who are over age 25.
The Alamo Colleges has a proven track record of success in training workers that local employers need to stay competitive and carries the designation as the #1 provider of workforce education in the region.
Hours per Week: 40
Hourly or Salaried: Salary
Funding source: Hard Money
Number of opening: 1
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Location: Marketing & Strategic Comm.
1400 W. Villaret Blvd.
San Antonio, Texas, 78224
Outside working hours if other than M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Some evenings and weekends are required.
Job Summary and Description
Within the Marketing and Communications
Department, the Strategic Communications Coordinator provides support to
improve the public image of the College and is responsible for creating and
monitoring College communications, marketing, advertising, branding, media and
public relations efforts.
Reports to the Director of Marketing
and Strategic Communications.
To view a complete job description, click here.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, public relations, communications, journalism, marketing or a closely related field or a combination of education, training and experience that equates to the required degree.
- Three years of experience in communications, marketing, public relations or media relations.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Five years related experience (public relations, media relations, and communications).
- Experience writing for social media.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable through the organization’s insurers.
Motor Vehicle Report is required in addition to background check and drug screen