Chancellor - DIS - req3922
Posting closes on: 1/5/2018
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is 1/5/2018. Preferred submission date of applications is 12/22/2017.
Hours per Week: 40
Hourly or Salaried: Salary
Funding source: Hard Money
Number of opening: 1
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Location: Chancellors Office
201 W. Sheridan St.
San Antonio, Texas, 78204
Job Summary and Description
Serves the Alamo Colleges District Board of Trustees as the principal administrative official responsible for providing the leadership and strategic vision for all operations of the Alamo Colleges District (ACD), a public two-year, multi-college system serving the diverse educational needs of Bexar County, Texas and the seven surrounding counties in the ACD service area. The Chancellor plans and directs the operation of the ACD with its five colleges, Regional Centers, Alamo Colleges On-Line (ACOL), international programs and other initiatives and partnerships in accordance with strategies, targets and policies established by the Board of Trustees.
To view a complete job description, click here.
- Master’s degree. Prefer earned Doctorate.
- Experience in a public community college is required, with a preference for a multi-college/campus system in a multi-cultural and pluralistic setting.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience in enhancing student success, social equity, and equal opportunity for all.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver license. Must be insurable through ACD
Motor Vehicle Report is required in addition to background check and drug screen